Home / Uncategorized / Here’s Why 925 Silver Will Never Go Out Of Style

Here’s Why 925 Silver Will Never Go Out Of Style

an image of two 925 silver rings

It’s not even possible to begin this blog with a swift history lesson, as I’m not sure the timeline of silver jewellery is comprehensible. To take a stab in the dark, the use of silver is likely prehistoric and was used as currency, but they weren’t as good at writing things down as we are, so it’s hard to tell. Anyway, we’re not here to talk about money – we’re here to talk about jewellery, that of the 925 silver variety, to be specific, and why it’s not going out of style anytime soon.

Brilliance

Despite often complementing diamonds, we’re not talking about that facet of brilliance when we talk about silver. Silver is brilliant in the literal sense of the word in that it is brilliant – meaning “shining brightly; sparkling; glittering; lustrous.” The most common examples of silver jewellery behold the ‘925’ stamp that describes a piece boasting 92.5% silver, with the remaining 7.5% comprised of other metals – usually copper.

The brilliance of 925 silver is succinctly represented by the aura of a piece of jewellery of this complexion. The wearer is subtly radiated by the gentle lustre of the material that is somehow cool and warm, comfortable and bold. There is certainly something to say about the brightness of silver that paints a portrait of classical style.

Class

Silver is a classy material, hence why it is one of the famed precious metals that is widely used for a variety of applications that include jewellery, currency and specialist industrial processes. In terms of jewellery, 925 silver especially has held a value of subtle class that is difficult to replicate with other precious metals. There is an ease to wearing silver that still manages to achieve the impression of intelligent style, which is indicative of the popularity of silver jewellery.

We wear silver because of the class it represents. The greatest things will never go out of style, and silver is indicative of this. We have been wearing it for thousands of years, and will likely continue to do so for years to come. The clean aesthetic you can achieve with a simple silver accent, or an eye-catching display, is unrivalled.

Versatility

Silver is impressively versatile, in terms of both styling and design capability. You can wear silver in every form of jewellery conceivable, but then also form the element with precious gemstones – most popularly diamonds, sapphires and pearls. The possibilities of silver are endless, which allows for every application – event, personality, shape, colour-pairings – to be appropriate at all times. Now that’s a great return on investment if we’ve ever seen one.

Silver is brilliant, classic and versatile – its quality and admirability are undeniable. It’s preposterous to assume that there is not a piece of 925 silver jewellery out there for you to fall in love with because there is; there is something for everyone when it comes to silver jewellery.

If you need help finding the right piece of silver jewellery for you, or anything else jewellery-related, please get in touch. You can call us on 01993 779769 or contact us via info@terencelett.com.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *